1. Place — DEEP C is an unique multimodal logistics node
• It has direct connections to the Vietnamese hinterland, you can reach 20 million people in three hours.
• China is just 200km away.
• It is close to two international airports: Haiphong’s Cat Bi airport is just five minutes away with 45 flights per day (five international), while Hanoi’s Noi Bai airport is 65 minutes distant, and has 208 flights per day (71 international).
• DEEP C adjoins Lach Huyen deepsea port for ro-ro traffic and containers and can accommodate the biggest ro-ro ships in the world.
• Plots of land that offer both ro-ro and break-bulk berth options.
2. People — education facilities promising huge innovation potential
DEEP C is in an enviable position in terms of establishing and expanding research & development facilities:
• Three universities in the area with extensive experience and collaboration with various specialities related to the automotive industry.
• A total of 25 vocational training centres.
• Graduate programmes.
• R&D common projects and shared infrastructures that both boost innovation and reduce investment costs.
• And Haiphong’s 100-year-plus industrial experience in areas including shipbuilding, metal processing, mining, and equipment manufacture.
3. Practicality — a few thoughts from DEEP C’s founders
DEEP C decided to host an area solely for the automotive industry as we believe there is a special need for fully-serviced land that offers:
• Reliable utilities
• An abundant labour force
• A modern deepsea port with 14m depth
• Easy access to overseas suppliers
• Direct links to domestic and overseas customers
• The lowest possible trade barriers through global free trade agreements
• Extensive tax incentives
• And 100% foreign ownership allowed.
We believe Vietnam is the next automotive hub for both OEM and Tier 1/Tier 2 suppliers—not only in Southeast Asia, but also in Europe and North America